HOW TO LOBBY YOUR MP
Tweet your MP using this template; add your MPs twitter handle (if they have one) before the question mark. You can find their twitter handle here. Remember: whenever you tweet to always include #CEEbill.
Write to your MP using this information. Remember: that a handwritten letter is best and even more fantastic if you can get your friends and family to do the same!
Video yourself preferably in an outdoor space that you love, asking your MP if they will support the CEE bill then tweet. Don’t forget to include your MP's twitter handle, @CEEbill_NOW, ceebill.uk, and the hashtag #CEEbill. This will really help build up the pressure. See our tips on making your “Will you back the #CEEbill?” video.
Set up an online meeting with your MP take a look here for some pointers.
Carry out the “WE WANT A SEAT AT THE TABLE!” action Wait outside your MPs office with 2 seats and a table with a copy of the bill. Say that you won’t leave until you discuss the bill for an hour. Bring banners if you have them and make sure you remain within the latest Covid guidelines. Report the outcome via your social media and let us know if you have any luck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VISUAL CAMPAIGN TOOLS
- A poster (pdf format) for you to print off and put in your window, your local cafe, wherever you think!
- Instagram graphic (png format) — don’t forget to include the hashtag #CEEbill
- Twitter graphic (png format) - don’t forget to include your MP’s twitter handle and the hashtag #CEEbill
- Selfie card (low ink) (pdf format) Use this low ink version to print off for you or your MP to take a selfie while holding the card and tweet support
- Selfie card (full colour) (pdf format). Use this full colour version to print off for you or your MP to take a selfie while holding the card and tweet support
- E-flyer (pdf format) for you to email around to contacts asking if they want to join the campaign and contact their MP
- E-flyer with text (png format) For print
Do you like this page?