Write to your MP asking them to support the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill
Lobbying shouldn’t be left up to the big corporations - this is an emergency and we need to make sure that our representatives are doing what’s needed. Contacting your MP and letting them know the things you care about really does work.
Find your MPs contact details here. Sending an email is great - and posting a letter is even better. You can download a copy of the Climate and Ecological Emergency bill from the bill. Be polite and to the point, letting them know:
- Who you are and whether you have been in touch before
- Your address (to show you are in their constituency and ensure they get back)
- Why the climate and ecological emergency is so important to you
- Why you think they should support the CEE bill. This might be because passing the CEE bill ensures that:
- our entire carbon footprint is taken into account (including all of the emissions linked to the production and transport of goods from overseas that we consume in the UK
- we don’t depend on technology (NETs) to save the day as an excuse for inaction
- we focus on nature as much as climate, protecting and conserving habitats in the UK and internationally on supply chains
- citizens are central to deciding how to move forward, in a Citizens’ Assembly with real teeth
Do inform us of any responses you receive by getting in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org and check our Parliamentary Set Email Responses to see if you have received a set response and some tips on how to respond.